Bowers & Wilkins XT4

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi. A quick question. In my area is a pair of the aforementioned speakers for sale. Is it possible to say if they would work as they should with my Denon DRA-700AE two channel receiver? 80 watts RMS per channel. I have about 800 CD`s and 500 LP`s in perfect condition using my original (1976) Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference Turntable. So only music, not home theatre or anything. Mostly classical but jazz and rock too. Many thanks.

the_master66

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
gisgillen said:
Hi. A quick question. In my area is a pair of the aforementioned speakers for sale. Is it possible to say if they would work as they should with my Denon DRA-700AE two channel receiver? 80 watts RMS per channel. I have about 800 CD`s and 500 LP`s in perfect condition using my original (1976) Transcriptors Hydraulic Reference Turntable. So only music, not home theatre or anything. Mostly classical but jazz and rock too. Many thanks.

Hi Gisgillen,

Those speakers (although lovely looking) are complex designs and need plenty of power to give their best - could work well but it's all a gamble really, although buying 2nd hand makes every purchase risky when looking for your ideal match, my gut feeling is they would need an amp with more grip such as a Naim Supernait,Exposure 3010s2 or Roksan Caspian to sound good.

Thanks

The_Master

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Thank you master for your reply...the only one! I'm not really an expert but to me 80 watts RMS per channel sounds pretty good. Perhaps if they're still available next week I could somehow get them home and hook them up. They do look nice which in a mariage helps! But thanks for taking the trouble to reply. All the best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts