Bowers & Wilkins CM8, CMC, CM1 speakers - what AV reciver to get warm but detailed sound?

Sliced Bread

Hi Bartez,

I have the same speakers and use an Onkyo 905, which with the CM speakers creates a sound that's on the warmer side of neutral (which I like). However newer Onkyo's are not quite as warm so it's perhaps a try before you buy.

What Hi Fi have recommended the Yamaha 3020 with the CM9 package, so it (along with the 2020) is probably worth a demo too. The Yamaha's are traditionally on the warm side and i imagine are more detailed than the Onkyos.

Just a few suggestions.

Bartez1975

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for quick answer. I will wait for Yamaha new receivers form this year, should be soon.

What I want to try also is to use this combination:

CM8 powered by QUAD Elite connected to AV receiver by pre-amp connections and CMC and CM1 powered by AV receiver.

If Yamaha is more worm then it is more in line of Quad Elite sound which is warm for sure.

Any comments very welcome.

ksoundwerx

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
atkins4725 said:
songox said:
Marantz pops in to my head...

+1 for the marantz.

Wouldn't buy anything without having a listen to the B&Ws with a Marantz.

Marantz + B&W is the where I'd look if after warm and detailed... Which happens to be my preferred sound... And why B&W/Marantz has long been my preferred equipment pairing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts