Bought some squash balls.....need help

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Ive already cut them in half and plan to place them under electronics and possibly speakers with rubber feet on top of auralex stands. with speakers which way up should the rubber feet go and is this the same for electronics.?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I'd stick them under your speakers to be honest. Ideally, speakers should be decoupled from their surface with something which holds them firmly, otherwise your bass and imagery will suffer. Though I'm sure contrasting opinions are available. As for your electronics, try both ways and see if there's an audible difference. If there's not, pick the direction which seems the most physically stable. Then there's the question of whether you should use 3 or 4...

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
dont know if its me but i cant tell wehether the squash balls work better than rubber feet. if the idea is to reduce the amount of vibration through floor I cant feel any difference. Dont suppose there is something I can do to test this is there?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I'm not greatly into the 'voodoo' side.

To answer your question, in my opinion, I wouldn't expect any differences by standing my amp on squishy balls.

So I'm probably the wrong person to ask why you didn't observe any.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts