bought nad c325bee amp but need phono stage

lostlamb

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, do phono stage ruin the pure sound of the nad c325bee amp, as there are alot i can buy off ebay but I'm wondering wether to just sell the nad amp and buy a new amp with built in phono stage so I can play my wecordz.

Any advice please?

bebelacus

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I use a Micromega MyGroove, reasonably priced and sounds excellent with my Rega RP6. I bought it after trying it at the dealer with the same RP6.

lostlamb

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
does a pre-amp - meaning specifically the added on phono stage , ruin the effect of the main amp with regards to presentation?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
lostlamb said:
does a pre-amp - meaning specifically the added on phono stage , ruin the effect of the main amp with regards to presentation?

It's be a pretty crappy phono stage if it did. And if that is the case what difference would there be in buying an amp with a built-in phono stage? Either way you aren't going to be playing any records without one.

lostlamb

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the straight answer The_LHC heh heh .... most probably very true though,

Still I can't help but think that nad are tight and mean not to include a phono stage on an amplifier.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
lostlamb said:
Thanks for the straight answer The_LHC heh heh .... most probably very true though,

Still I can't help but think that nad are tight and mean not to include a phono stage on an amplifier.

Or perhaps they have spent the budget on making a better amplifer in general as opposed to being tight?

You have a very well specced amp, a built in phono stage would only increase the cost and not everyone wants/needs a phono stage.

It's up to you what kind of quality phono stage you go for. Personally I'd get a NAD one, actually I'm going to get a NAD one for my NAD C350.

lostlamb

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Yep i agree mean&green, yesterday (as a result of your help & advice of the forum people) ... I bought a 2nd hand Nad PP2 for £48 (inc delivery) which I thought was reasonable.

The amp arrived today and looks good, thanks for all your help good people.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts