BOSTON ACOUSTICS SOUNDWARE XS

A

Anonymous

The soundwares are 100 Watt speakers so your options are many. I would suggest any of the following, depends on your budget which would be suitable:

Pioneer VSX-921 (450 pounds, 4 stars from whathifi)

Sony STR-DH820 (300 pounds, 5 stars from whathifi)

Yamaha RX-V671 (500 pounds, 5 stars from whathifi)

Denon AVR-1912 (450 pounds, 4 stars from whathifi)

Onkyo TX-NR609 (500 pounds, 5 stars from whathifi) Current favorite.

All of the above AV receivers are the new 2011 range, they are all capable of 3D as well as far as I know. Depends on what you need from your AV receiver you could go for lower ends of the ranges from Onkyo TX-N509, Denon 1612, etc.

Do audition your shortlist once you narrow your options and get the one that sounds best. In my experience most shops that stock soundware SX speakers will have them set up in their auditioning room as they are quite popular, just ask the sales guy to hook up the amp you are interested in and listen to what sounds best to you.

Have a look here as well: http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/home-cinema-amplifiers

Hope this helps.

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For those Boston minis...I think you can just go for the 'mini' receivers, such as: Sony DH 810, Onkyo 309, Denon 1312, Yamaha 371...nice combos

A

Anonymous

If you wanted to keep it really tidy... I would look at the new Marantz Slimline AV amps.

The NR1602 may be more money than the others there but its all packed into the slim box, with all the streaming gubbins on board including AirPlay!

Could be a contender!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts