BOSE vs SONY Car Audio system comparison(Nissan Z370 & Ford Explorer)

Crystalarts

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, my post didnt publish and it ended up blank. I try again :

I got a Nissan z370 and Ford Explorer 6 months ago and each had their own "high end" stereo option. I went with both options.

I drive the Nissan and wife the explorer. I listen to prog, rock, classical, pop etc.

Bose in the Nissan has a real beat in the base. You feel it through your body and it feels great. Its exactly what you expect in a sports car with a louder engine. The downside is that the bass lacks quality and distorts the lower bass and can often drown the mids. I need to play about with the settings every day dependent on the music i listen to. There is a clear lack of clarity to the Bose system but real drive and agression to it.

The Sony in the Ford is my wifes. Anytime i get in the car with her and put something on i am jealous. It feels so clear. so calm and clear and really takes its time. The bass is lacking somewhat but not substantially and it certainly doesnt distort.

I like my Bose but i could take it or leave it and i definitely prefer the Sony although perhaps not for my car as the engine may drown it out. Thats not to say the Sony is great cause it isnt. its very good but pales in comparison to my upgraded sound system I took with my volvo s40 5 years ago. That sound system was brilliant. Clear, crisp, had soundstage and great seperation, great use of surround sound, great bass (no beat in your body but clear as anything).

The sony and Bose could do with meeting somewhere in the middle i think.

Paul.

I was very impressed by the Bose system in my brothers Mazda 3, whereas the Ford Sony stuff just seems to be only OK. You will struggle to find people with experience of the Explorer as this is mainly a UK forum.

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how they compare to the B&O system in the audi's, Im looking at a A3 Saloon for my next car and am debating the B&O stereo or not...

Crystalarts

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I can guarantee they dont.

B&O will wipe the floor with them! almost certain! Like i said, I had a volvo and its sound system was way better than the sony or bose and no doubt the B&O will be better than my 7 year old volvo system.

In saying that you may miss some bass. I LOVE B&O although i dont own any of their products but the one thing i do feel is missing is bass. Their new headphones were amazing. so comfortable but in the end i chose B&W P7 due to the fact it had at least SOME bass.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts