Question bose C50 and KEF EGG/B&W mm1, any thing comparable?

D

Deleted member 116933

Bose do the job and sound pretty good.

Eggs you'll need a sub and the same for the BW's

Another option would dali fazons sats, sound really good but again will need a subwoofer.

Apple home pod minis might do the trick or some sonos play 1's.

all option I believe are a lot more pricey than the bose

manicm

I have the B&W MM1s for nearly 11 years now - clearly one of the best investments I made for laptop duty on my desk. It won’t accept a sub, and neither do you need one. Just make sure they’re sitting securely on the desk - or the bass will suffer. It must be sitting stable, push the cables in underneath on both speakers.

The amazing thing is how they sound even 3 metres away. Just note because it has a built-in DAC and DSP you won’t get high res output - it will be downsampled. The built-in DAC is 16/44. Then again you don’t need high-res for desk duty.

Not available anymore, and B&W did not replace them sadly.

Last edited:

useryy

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
Bose do the job and sound pretty good.

Eggs you'll need a sub and the same for the BW's

Another option would dali fazons sats, sound really good but again will need a subwoofer.

Apple home pod minis might do the trick or some sonos play 1's.

all option I believe are a lot more pricey than the bose
Whathifi reviews sonos play 1 as no Hi Res. Is Bose the same?
How about the KEF Egg Duo which said to improve the sub by Music Integrity technology?

useryy

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
I have the B&W MM1s for nearly 11 years now - clearly one of the best investments I made for laptop duty on my desk. It won’t accept a sub, and neither do you need one. Just make sure they’re sitting securely on the desk - or the bass will suffer. It must be sitting stable, push the cables in underneath on both speakers.

The amazing thing is how they sound even 3 metres away. Just note because it has a built-in DAC and DSP you won’t get high res output - it will be downsampled. The built-in DAC is 16/44. Then again you don’t need high-res for desk duty.

Not available anymore, and B&W did not replace them sadly.
MM1s indeed sounds graceful with its rhythm, balance and warm sense, Is it the DAC or the speaker itself?

That reminds me the classicals, like iPhone 4 and KANN ; ).
btw, It is UNfair for Apple give up iPhone4 but releasing iPhone 5SE

TRENDING THREADS