Bored with Hifi...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I know what you mean. I have worked in a hi-fi shop. And at first it is like you are working in a candy shop. All that great hi-fi in reach! But after a short while you are nothing more than a sales man, connecting hi-fi components, drag it into listenrooms, giving clients coffee etc.

It is like they say about travelling. It is not the destination, but the journey that matters. I have had a superb high-end system, but lost it all....

I had to begin from zero, with a limited budget. I had to look for real bargains, but It turned out it was great fun!

So, maybe sell all and get yourself a system that is keeping you on the edge of your seat:)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Nad_fanatic said:
I can understand where the OP's coming from

I'm not bored with hifi per say but I am bored with the constant temptation of upgraditis and swapping bits round/over & over again.

It's getting on my wick a bit lately and I know for a FACT it does the wifes head in!!! :?

This is one of the main reasons I'm tempted by active/powered speakers and the lack of amp, source and speaker upgrades etc...

I would say that the temtation to move is still there, albeit reduced. I have a desire to 'upgrade' in the future, largely due to the fact that my current system was an experiment in active systems, to see what could be done on a budget (quite a lot was the answer).

When I have saved enough and the other priorities are sorted, I have a mind to get some PMC TB2S-AII or Event Opals and something very much like a DACmagic plus. Having said that, if I had the funds from the off and the desire and time to do a fair bit of auditioning, I could have arrived at the same conclusion a lot sooner.

TRENDING THREADS