Bookshelf dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What it is I'm looking to sell my Mission M73 & buy some bookshelf speakers. I'm looking to spend up to around £500 I & have already seen some good options such as the new "B&W 685" or the "Monitor audio silver RS1" or even the "Dali ikon 2".To tell you the truth I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to what bookshelf I want, so if anybody owns any of these speakers please do give me your opinion.

A

Anonymous

Not sure on the RS1 or Ikon 2's but i would recomend listening to the B&W CM1's if you like the 685's. Try to audition them side by side, as i did, and i thnk the CM1 is the clear winner. Clearer sound and taught bass. Cost a little extra and they are harder to drive (need quite a powerful amp) but well worth it my humble opinion.

A

Anonymous

I don't own any of those speakers,but try to have a listen to some Revolver RW16,superb little boxes,that can take some serious amps and sources and just get better and better,superb with vocals,superb imaging and sound stage.

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
Heard a few bookshelfs over the years and I must say I've heard few to match the venerable Wharfedale Diamonds ..Not sure what the latest incarnations are like (Wharfedale 9's) but I've got 2 pairs of Diamonds (Diamond 2's + Super Diamonds) ..both pairs soon to be utilised in a 7.1 set up and they sound excellent

......and you'd save a fair bit of cash!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I agree on the AVI Neutron IV. Heard them at the Cornflake Shop and they were stunning. I would have bought them if they'd had more than one set of terminals (as I biamp). Small too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts