bluray, version ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can anybody please let me know what the current version of bluray is? 1, 1.1,2? No-one from my local audio t nor sevenoaks seem to know which is a tad worrying. Also, any idea when the next version will be released? Thanks

A

Anonymous

All new models in the USA are Profile 1.1. In Europe we are still for the most part (Stand alone players) Profile 1.0. The only current Profile 1.1 player in Europe is the PS3 but expect alot of Profile 1.1 players by June.

The PS3 is also Profile 2.0 compatible with an Enthernet port to enable BD-Live. If you are interested in BD-Live which should be up and running by the summer I would advise either to buy the PS3 or wait until you hear of the specs for the upcoming BD players due out around June. I believe the BD-50 from Panasonic will be Profile 2.0 and the BD-30 will be profile 1.1. Profile 1.1 will be more than enough to watch any extras attached to the disc.

A

Anonymous

thanks, as usual the uk last again! Couldn't trouble you (or anyone else please) again could i? What is bd live? Im really showing my ignorance here!!

A

Anonymous

BD-Live (aka Profile 2.0) is basically extras that require web connectivity. So far I think only two Blu-ray discs feature any such extras (Saw IV and War) - though no Profile 2.0 players are currently available to consumers to use them! Profile 1.1 just added Picture-in-Picture support to the original Profile 1.0 - which is things like director commentaries appearing as a little window in the corner while you watch the main film. If neither PiP nor web interactive features are important to you then a Profile 1.0 player will do you just fine - it will still play the main feature and all the normal extras of Profile 1.1 and 2.0 discs just fine. If you want to be future proofed then, as mentioned above, the PS3 is currently the only player that can offer upgradeability to Profile 2.0.

A

Anonymous

Here you go.

Blu-ray Profiles break down as follows:

[*]The basic Profile 1.0 (also known as the Grace Period Profile) available on all Blu-ray models released before November 1st, 2007 includes neither a secondary video decoder nor an internet connection.
Profile 1.1 (also called the Final Standard Profile or "Bonus View") adds decoders for secondary PiP video and audio, plus 256 MB of local storage capability.
Finally, Profile 2.0 (or "BD-Live") includes those secondary video and audio decoders, a larger 1 GB of local storage capability, and an internet connection. [/list]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts