Question Bluetooth

chris.fisher

Sep 30, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I’ve recently connected a blue tooth transmitter

SONRU 2024 Upgraded Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver​

to my NAD 3020 Amplifier via the headphone output .using a sennheiser 3.5 mm to 6mm adapter, to connect to my Sennheiser Momentum 4 headphones. The problem I am experiencing is that the sound is distorted. If I connect the same transmitter to my Marantz CD-63 MKII KI signature headphone output the result is the same ? If I connect the BT transmitter to the CD player via optical the sound is crystal clear, but I do not have any control over the output eg. Bass treble volume.
Do I need to connect something else to make this setup work via the Amplifier?

Gray

Seems to me that your BT transmitter would be happier with a fixed line level input.
Using the appropriate cable / adaptor, try connecting it to the RCA output of your CD-63 and I think you'll find it's no longer distorted.

On the old, original NAD 3020 you can connect to the tape 'REC' output RCA sockets.

Note though that there will still be no tone control on the fixed outputs - but at least there will (should) be no distortion.

Last edited:

Vincent Kars

You might check it with a mobile with a 3.5 out, just to rule out the 6.4 to 3.5 adapter makes a bad contact.
Or put a headphone with a 3.5 into the adapter.
As Gray suggested, try the RCA.
If all fails you, the ADC of the transmitter is likely the culprit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts