Bluetooth/wireless DAC for my Bang & Olufsen Beomaster 5500

TortugaX5

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello folks!

I'm looking for some advice on equipment that I may need to reproduce hi-fi sound on my B&O set-up with Klipsch RB-81 speakers. I have a 2 ch set-up currently that I've hooked up an NFC bluetooth reciever to allow me stream audio to my 30 year old amp. I want to increase the quality of this sound by adding a DAC to my set-up. I've read alot about the Chord product line and Teac lines but have questions about whether what I'm trying to accomplish will work with these DACs. I don't need a power amp or pre-amp, that I know of. I want to be able to send 24 bit or higher audio files (FLAC,AFLAC, Hi-Fi Streaming services) from my Samsung S6 to my system and have it reproduce Hi-Fi sound that I get from my CD player and turntable. Would it make sense to hook up an APTX bluetooth reciever like the Audioengine D1 to a DAC like the mojo or hugo or teac ud-301 to handle the conversion process?

Keep in mind I'm trying to drive my powered speakers not a pair of headphones.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, a DAC should help to improve the sound quality, but bear in mind that Bluetooth, even APTX, is below CD quality, so your files will be down sampled. How easily you can tell the difference between the compressed files and Lossless files is another issue. You'll probably have difficulty differentiating between APTX streamed files and lossless, but it is a factor that may prevent it sounding as good as your CD player.

TortugaX5

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the comment. Let me ask another question: what about a wireless network? Will that also compress my files below their actual compression? I appreciate the conviencence of streaming to my hi-fi but I am close enough to it that I could use a wired connection - but ​I really don't like wires all over my living room! ​ I have the following set-up and devices - perhaps you all could help me come up with a recipe for good digital sound!

My Set-up:

Bang & Olufsen Beomaster 5500

Bang & Olufsen Beogram CD 5500

Bang & Olufsen Beogram 5500

Klipsch RB-81 Reference Speakers

Auxillary 7 pin din to 3.5mm jack

HomeSpot NFC Bluetooth receiver (cheapo)

20160717_5F00_122039.jpg

My Devices:

Samsung S6

Windows Surface Pro 3

Samsung Galaxy Tablet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts