Bluetooth pairing

hniu

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
I'm looking for a wireless speaker to put in one of the rooms. The audio sources are mobile phones. From my experience bluetooth pairing is not always quick and straightforward, especially when you need to switch between the sound source devices. Is there a bluetooth format/version that would work better in this setup?

jjbomber

Depends what you mean by audio sources are mobile phones. If the sources are apps such as Spotify, Deezer or Tidal etc, then but a wireless speaker with this app built in. If you mean music you have bought and downloaded, then you can stream on Upnp or use bluetooth.

Reactions: hniu

hniu

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
Thank you!! I didn't consider Upnp before - will certainly investigate that!

It is certainly the second scenario: local music files + Pocketcast app for podcasts.
Is there a specific version or protocol of Bluetooth for painless pairing or are they all the same in this regard?

jjbomber

Is there a specific version or protocol of Bluetooth for painless pairing or are they all the same in this regard?
I've never had any problems, so it may be better if you list your particular problem. I am aware that some Sennheiser headphones need to be paired with a code, but that should be easy enough on a mobile phone.

hniu

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
The first pairing is always straightforward, but if I pair another phone and after some time switch back to the first one, it often takes multiple attempts to pair and I end up having to reset and reboot the phone and the speaker.

I've had similar problems on different devices, so it is probably not related to a specific phone or a speaker, just the way bluetooth works.

TRENDING THREADS