Bluetooth amp recommendations

Fanshawe

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
Hello, vinyl/hi-fi newbie here. A friend of mine is upgrading his speakers and has kindly offered to donate his old Wharfdale Diamond 220 speakers to me. I've been meaning to build a hifi system and start a vinyl collection for a while now, so finally decided to take the plunge. I think I've decided on the Rega Planar 1 for my turntable, based on various stellar reviews. Now looking for an amp to complete the set up.

I'd like my amp to have bluetooth capability in order to easily (and wirelessly) connect the wharfdales to my laptop when not playing records. Ideally it would also come with the phono/pre-amp built-in to avoid an extra purchase and cash outlay on a separate pre amp.

I've been looking around online and am struggling to find anything that comes thoroughly recommended or highly reviewed, especially in my price range (can't really stretch beyond £250.) The only thing that fits the bill seems to be the Sony STR-DH190, but haven't managed to find many reviews for this.

Would really appreciate any other recommendations or endorsements of the Sony!

D

Deleted member 116933

Hello, vinyl/hi-fi newbie here. A friend of mine is upgrading his speakers and has kindly offered to donate his old Wharfdale Diamond 220 speakers to me. I've been meaning to build a hifi system and start a vinyl collection for a while now, so finally decided to take the plunge. I think I've decided on the Rega Planar 1 for my turntable, based on various stellar reviews. Now looking for an amp to complete the set up.

I'd like my amp to have bluetooth capability in order to easily (and wirelessly) connect the wharfdales to my laptop when not playing records. Ideally it would also come with the phono/pre-amp built-in to avoid an extra purchase and cash outlay on a separate pre amp.

I've been looking around online and am struggling to find anything that comes thoroughly recommended or highly reviewed, especially in my price range (can't really stretch beyond £250.) The only thing that fits the bill seems to be the Sony STR-DH190, but haven't managed to find many reviews for this.

Hi There, and welcome.

It's strange that you ask for a Bluetooth amp and in the same breath mention, you want to build up a record collection and seem to be an important factor. Wouldn't it be more important for you to look for an amp with a quality phono stage inside it? (though the one you have mentioned dose) Bluetooth can be added pretty cheaply, to be honest

For that budget, id look at second hand TBH you'll get way more for your money!

something like a Rotel RA 02, blinding amp and will far outperform the sony you mentioned

If you really want new here is a list of a few with phono stages and Bluetooth ones (many of these I'm sure you can also find these second hand also
)

Hope that helps a little

Fanshawe

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Essentially I'm looking for a decent entry-level system that will offer me the flexibility to easily switch between digital streaming and vinyl as I begin to build up my record collection.

rainsoothe

Hi - imo you're trying to shoot a lot of birds with a small stone. How about sorting just one of them with your current budget, and completing as you go. For instance, you could start with digital (since records are expensive to collect, and basically in 10-15 records you'll be covering the cost of your turntable) - and get an Iotavx SA3 with the Bluetooth dongle.

If you still want record playback from the get-go as well, Onkyo's 9010 (or indeed a second hand Rotel, for instance) would be ok, and add bluetooth with some gizmo.

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

Try/Demo Denon PMA 600NE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts