Bluesound Powernode 2i

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how long the Bluesound Powernode 2i model has been out? I'm considering this with the LS50 Metas which I demoed yesterday. Really keen on it but I was thinking that if it's been out for a while then it may get updated. I'm one of those weird tech types who hates buying products mid-cycle.

Also, are there better alternatives to the amp in that price range. I would love the Atom but it's out of my budget.

rainsoothe

Can anyone tell me how long the Bluesound Powernode 2i model has been out? I'm considering this with the LS50 Metas which I demoed yesterday. Really keen on it but I was thinking that if it's been out for a while then it may get updated. I'm one of those weird tech types who hates buying products mid-cycle.

Also, are there better alternatives to the amp in that price range. I would love the Atom but it's out of my budget.
Hi. What was electronics did you hear the LS50 with? And are the LS50 wireless 2 out of your budget?

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
this is the question i was going to ask !

I demoed it with the Powernode 2i and B&W PV1D (I already have this sub). The wireless 2 aren't out of my budget but I'm less convinced about KEF keeping the firmware and app updated. Aren't the old LS50s stuck with the old app/features?

I want these speakers to last so I'd prefer to have the ability to switch out the amp in say 5+ years time.

It's been out since October 2018 I think.
Without knowing how you plan to use it and with what it may be difficult to note anything better
There's a second-hand hand Atom on eBay for £1220

In terms of use. I'm currently using apple music so will be using airplay. Hopefully there will be a time when apple opens up to higher res audio (wishful thinking). I plan to get a turntable at some point in the new year.

No need for the HDMI input as I sold my separate home theatre setup (kept the sub) and just bought the Sonos Arc and Sub Gen 3.

McHIFI

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
2018, although there is now a new version available with HDMI https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/comedy/2020-08-18/paul-whitehouse-fast-show-characters-return/

I recently purchased the 2i (without HDMI) and am very happy with it. Looks and sounds great and the Blusound Android app works well. Add in a cheap remote (don't bother paying £60 for the official one as the 2i has IR learning) for the added convenience of not needing to use your phone to control the basic functions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts