• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Bluesound Powernode 2i

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Can anyone tell me how long the Bluesound Powernode 2i model has been out? I'm considering this with the LS50 Metas which I demoed yesterday. Really keen on it but I was thinking that if it's been out for a while then it may get updated. I'm one of those weird tech types who hates buying products mid-cycle.

Also, are there better alternatives to the amp in that price range. I would love the Atom but it's out of my budget.

Al ears

It's been out since October 2018 I think.
Without knowing how you plan to use it and with what it may be difficult to note anything better
There's a second-hand hand Atom on eBay for £1220

rainsoothe

Apr 30, 2012
Can anyone tell me how long the Bluesound Powernode 2i model has been out? I'm considering this with the LS50 Metas which I demoed yesterday. Really keen on it but I was thinking that if it's been out for a while then it may get updated. I'm one of those weird tech types who hates buying products mid-cycle.

Also, are there better alternatives to the amp in that price range. I would love the Atom but it's out of my budget.
Hi. What was electronics did you hear the LS50 with? And are the LS50 wireless 2 out of your budget?

Reactions: plus 1

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
this is the question i was going to ask !
I demoed it with the Powernode 2i and B&W PV1D (I already have this sub). The wireless 2 aren't out of my budget but I'm less convinced about KEF keeping the firmware and app updated. Aren't the old LS50s stuck with the old app/features?

I want these speakers to last so I'd prefer to have the ability to switch out the amp in say 5+ years time.

It's been out since October 2018 I think.
Without knowing how you plan to use it and with what it may be difficult to note anything better
There's a second-hand hand Atom on eBay for £1220
In terms of use. I'm currently using apple music so will be using airplay. Hopefully there will be a time when apple opens up to higher res audio (wishful thinking). I plan to get a turntable at some point in the new year.

No need for the HDMI input as I sold my separate home theatre setup (kept the sub) and just bought the Sonos Arc and Sub Gen 3.

Reactions: plus 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS