Blueooth receiver with optical out for Google Play Music

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am currently using Squeezebox touch but fed up with it's software and drop out and there is no support as the product has been discontinued, most of my music is in google play music I want a neat bluetooth receiver to send music to my active speakers with optical out.

I looked at Crystal Acoustics Bludac but there are mixed reviews, I looked at Arcam rblink but it doesn't have optical out, can someone please provide me advise or link to the best sounding bluetooth receiver/dongle which I can use to send music via my Android tablet to my active speakers. I dont care about the internal dac as my active speakers have great dac.

Thanks

danielcollins90

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
How about getting an cheap AirPort and using some of the Android apps that emulate AirPlay - You'll get better quality audio over the wireless too, if that suits your requirements.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
A slightly different solution - how about a Sonos. It will play Google Play music natively in the same way that it does with Spotify. No need to drain your phone then as it pulls the tracks off the cloud. The free Google Play Music will store 20,000 tracks in the cloud.

Just be aware that most of the alternatives you're considering will not sound as good as the Squeezebox Touch though. I use the Squeezer app with mine and have not experienced any drop outs or other issues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts