Blue Screen on PS42Q96HD Sammy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone notice this Blue Push on the TV? and does the Q97 also suffer from this.

Is there any way of turning this off or regulating some the presets in the Q96 to lessen the Blue Screen?

A

Anonymous

No...I am referring to the TV pushing our too much blue colour during transmission.May have something to do with RGB? The PS42Q97HDX apparenatly has a Blue on/off screen and as you've got the 50ins version wondered if you too have this facility?

Would like to get the 42Q96 version from Currys but not if I am unable to adjust/control this overbearing Blue Screen push on the colour. Might as well then go for the PS42Q97HDX instead. So...just wondering if indeed they are now one and the very same TV?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Right now I know what you are going on about.

The Blue on/off function has nothing to do with the picture, it is a option that when there is no signal recieved on the set that a blue screen can be displayed or with the function off the screen goes into a sort of stand-by mode leaving the screen black.

Now I think what you have seen is that the picture on screen looks almost like it has a blue filter placed over it. Now this is because the colour palet is set to COOL 1 or COOL 2 in the picture settings, there is also a WARM 1 and WARM 2 which make the picture too yellow. To get rid of either of these effects simply press the MENU and select the Picture settings and on the colour options at the bottom you will see the option to change the colour palate, simply set this to NORMAL and et vola! that blue push that you are refering to will have been banished back to whence it came!
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks DJ...you're a Star *.

So I guess now, it wont' really matter if I did go for Q96 as opposed to the Q97.

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME"]
All down to which you can get the best deal on now mate.
emotion-2.gif

The only thing I'm really wary of DJ is whether or not the Q96 is in fact the Q97-Not saying I disbelieve you old chum but I'm just a bit sceptical when it comes to things like this. If performance is the same I guess I should just bit the bullet and pay £699.00 for the Q96 at my local Currys Store...........But I must admit I love the 50incher-absolutely beautiful, and fantastic picture quality too........Decisions, Descisions

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
For me if you can afford the differnce and your room size permits I would opt (as I did) for the 50"", With a bit of surfing it can be found for under a grand and I must say I love mine. Yes not as good as the new Pioneer screens before someone says they are better, but at a third of the cost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts