Blue-ray wins, but what about HD DVD films

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looks like the format battle has been decided with Blue-ray winning. But, there are many films on HDDVD that arent on Blue-ray.... will these be transfered over? Personnally, im looking to upgrade my Toshiba SD330E DVD player to an upscaling DVD player as i want to be 100% that Blueray is "the" format to choose and all films are on that format.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd expect some of the key HD DVD-only titles (King Kong, Transformers, Bourne trilogy) to make it onto Blu-ray by Christmas - others may take longer, as studios always prioritise new releases (while films are still fresh in people's minds) and core catalogue titles to maximise revenues...

But you may need to be patient - remember how long it took for a lot of classic films to make it onto DVD?

A

Anonymous

And as yet there are classic films still not available on dvd, no different from vinyl to cd...Doh

A

Anonymous

Cheers Claire. Think id keep my DVD's and only get rid of them when they are released on Blueray.

Hmm, spend the £££ on an upscaling DVD player or spend it on a Blueray player... decisions, decisions....

A

Anonymous

An EP30 at £78 not tempting? Great up-scaling and the option of watching those HD-DVDs that aren't available on Blu for a long time, if ever.

Even if you never buy a HD-DVD, you have a top quality DVD player for £78!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts