blue in the face...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my samsung plasma has developed a problem and i was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?

its a PS42E7HD and after its been on for a while there is a blue ghosting down the left hand side which turns peoples faces etc a blue colour !! unfortunately (wouldn't you know) the set is just out of its 12mth manufacture warrenty so Samsung don't want to know !!

i am hopefully getting the dogs dangleys Pioneer LX508D soon which will retire the samsung to the spare room or the classifieds but would like to get this problem fixed anyway

any suggestions , personal experiences or advice very welcome

cheers, al

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello, I cannot help you with what the problem might be, but (this is a little known fact) under the sale and supply of goods act (amended) 2002 consumers have the right to a repair or replacement upto 6yrs after purchase (5yrs in Scotland) depending on the goods and their cost, the normal 12 month warranty does not really mean anything anymore, for example with your tv you will have rights for about 4-5yrs, you will need to contact the shop you brought the tv from NOT Samsung as you have the contract with the shop because this is where you purchased the item from, if you have any problems get intouch with your local trading standards. For more info have a look at www.directgov.co.uk and click on consumer rights.

A

Anonymous

I agree with KitKat about the liability for repair. I believe it is something called the Limitations Act. I successfully used this piece of legislation for a freezer that only cost a couple of hundred pounds, when it was 14 months old. So I am sure fir your tv you will have success. Just be persistent and put everything in writing/e-mail. Very best of luck.

A

Anonymous

cheers for the advice guys!

I did contact the retailer by phone and was basically told I had the legislation wrong but after speaking to trading standards and looking on consumerline.org I have drafted a letter to the shop.
fingers crossed they will do the decent thing!

thanks again!! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts