Blu ray title release dates

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I ordered Iron Man region A which had a release date of 30th September, the disc actually arrived through my door on the 22nd of September yet the UK title is not due until the 27/10/08, my entire DVD collection is region 1 for this reason that they came out a month earlier and cheaper than UK discs my pioneer DV 989AVi was multi-region for this reason. I have been asking retailors about the pioneer LX-71A whether they can supply me with a multi-region and all say no, only UK region B

I want to be able to buy the LX-71 in multi region if someone knows where I can purchase this from please let me know. The world is shrinking and movies should be realeased simultaneously. I have a small selection of US blu rays that I play on my computer but I am dying to let them loose on my home cinema. If I cannot get a LX-71 multi region. I will still get it and have to play region free titles which is limiting but I guess I'll have to live with it for now

A

Anonymous

I read that also, however I did not experience any lock up and it played fine on my laptop plugged into my plasma via the laptops HDMI out, only the sound was not able to be processed because the laptop does not have Dolby HD neither my pioneer VSA-AX10i-S amp. Maybe it's just a few rogue copies that have the problem

A

Anonymous

There's a basic misconception here about the movie business, I'm afraid. The world may well be shrinking, but the Studio business was created by carving the world up by territory, thereby controlling product roll-out and talent availability - as well, initially, as managing the flow of physical prints and promotions.
Granted, this has changed somewhat, but there are reasons (good and bad) why major studio titles like Iron Man appear at different times, in different versions in different parts of the world. It's their business and their perogative, after all. They paid for it, they want to ensure they recoup in the best way for them. If that coincides with the wish of the consumer, then great. But don't hold your breath!
This is further compounded by the independant sector where movies are bought and sold as commodities by territory and released by different companies in different territories. These local companies, quite, rightly, control their release schedules because they have to compete with big hitters from the likes of Warners (Like The Dark Knight), so often hold on to titles until they have a chance of getting an audience and finding some spare screen space.
When the time comes to get the movie out on disc, these companies will take a substantial financial hit with grey imports if they're multi-region. Their up-front minimum guarantee investment is protected by region-coding and helps ensure that they stay in business, by providing a revenue stream from home entertainment and later, TV sales - all of which have strict month by month windowed availability. Anything that dilutes this, reduces their income and their ability to invest in next year's crop of movies.
I know it's frustrating (and, believe me, I have much less sympathy for one of the Big Five Studios, than I do for a struggling Indie) and it would be wonderful if every movie rolled out day and date everywhere in the world. But these guys have lotsa money and love CONTROL. They're going to do whatever they can to maintain the status quo.
And Region Coding = Status Quo.
So the only answer is to try and work around the system, either by hacking (when it becomes available, but beware of firmware updates) or buying a Region A player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts