Blu ray players with 2 HDMI out

lapuzrg

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am planning to buy my first ever blu ray player. However, I am looking for one which has 2 HDMI out 'coz I plan to use it as 1.) Blu ray/DVD player and 2.) cd player. My A/V receiver is a Marantz NR-1402. I would like to hook it on my Sony LED TV via the HDMI for watching movies and the second hook-up will be to the receiver for my music. Am I doing the right thing here?

Appreciate your good advice on this matter. My budget is around US$300.00. Any suggestions for a good Blu ray player?:)

Kind regards,

Ron

lapuzrg

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Paul. I am leaning on getting the Panasonic as per Big Boss and your suggestion. The reasons :

1. Built in wifi

2. Touch free sensor ( I think this is cool :clap: )

3. Skype feature

:)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't see the point of this, does the receiver not have an hdmi out for you to connect to the TV? Then you could use the receiver for movie audio as well. The only reason to do this is if you want to watch 3D movies on the TV and the receiver doesn't support 3D pass-through (I don't know if this is the case or not).

lapuzrg

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi The Lhc, yes, it has an HDMI out (1), so how do I do it? Mind giving me the correct way of connecting the various components (Marantz NR-1402 A/V receiver, Blu ray player) to each other.

Really appreciate your help..:)

Thanks & best regards,

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
lapuzrg said:
Hi The Lhc, yes, it has an HDMI out (1), so how do I do it? Mind giving me the correct way of connecting the various components (Marantz NR-1402 A/V receiver, Blu ray player) to each other.

Umm, unless I'm missing something about the Marantz (that's entirely possible!), HDMI from the blu-ray to the receiver's HDMI input and then another HDMI from the receiver's HDMI output to the TV.

franklin2829

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
lapuzrg said:
Hi everyone. I am planning to buy my first ever blu ray player. However, I am looking for one which has 2 HDMI out 'coz I plan to use it as 1.) Blu ray/DVD player and 2.) cd player. My A/V receiver is a Marantz NR-1402. I would like to hook it on my Sony LED TV via the HDMI for watching movies and the second hook-up will be to the receiver for my music. Am I doing the right thing here?

Appreciate your good advice on this matter. My budget is around US$300.00. Any suggestions for a good Blu ray player?:)

Kind regards,

Ron

HI,

I would go for the Pioneer BDP LX55.

Chris

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:
Umm, unless I'm missing something about the Marantz (that's entirely possible!), HDMI from the blu-ray to the receiver's HDMI input and then another HDMI from the receiver's HDMI output to the TV.
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:

Nope, nothing being missed that I can see - should work as noted above. The Marantz has HDMI 1.4 compatible inputs and output as well, so will even pass on 3D Blu-ray to your TV if you ever need it.

Absolutely no need for a player with two HDMI outputs at all.

lapuzrg

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
professorhat said:
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:

Nope, nothing being missed that I can see - should work as noted above. The Marantz has HDMI 1.4 compatible inputs and output as well, so will even pass on 3D Blu-ray to your TV if you ever need it.

Thanks, Professorhat for your sound advice. That being the case, I don't need a player with 2 HDMI outputs, one output will do the job?:clap:

lapuzrg

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
professorhat said:
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:

Thanks, Professorhat for your sound advice. That being the case, I don't need a player with 2 HDMI outputs, one output will do the job?:clap:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
lapuzrg said:
professorhat said:
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:
The_Lhc said:
lapuzrg said:

You're welcome...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
lapuzrg said:

Yup, just one output will do the job.

And to be fair, it was The_Lhc who noticed this so he deserves the thanks - I just looked at the manual to check if it would pass 3D or not...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts