Blu-Ray Newbie with a question about regions.

Villordsutch

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Over the weekend my wifey bought me my first Blu-Ray player - DMP-BDT110.

Excited I jumped onto Amazon to order a couple of films however I'm a wee bit stumped.

Buying DVDs was easy as I knew our player Region was 2 (UK). Now on Amazon UK I can only seem to find Region Free or US Import on the Blu-Rays available.

I haven't cracked or Hacked my Blu-Ray player.

What should I be buying?

A

Anonymous

With Blu-Ray you have three regions A, B, and C

Regions for the Blu-ray Disc standard

A/1: The Americas (except Greenland), and their dependencies, East Asia (except mainland China and Mongolia), and Southeast Asia.

B/2: Africa, Middle East, Southwest Asia, Europe (except Belarus, Russia and Ukraine), Australia, New Zealand, and their dependencies.

C/3: Central Asia, East Asia (mainland China and Mongolia only), South Asia, Eastern Europe (Belarus, Russia and Ukraine only), and their dependencies.

So you're looking for B or Region Free.

One thing to note is that the player can be made multi-region quite easily. A quick google search for "Panasonic DMP-BDT110 region code" will put you on the right track.

Hope this helps.

Youth :dance: :dance: :dance:

youthanasia said:
One thing to note is that the player can be made multi-region quite easily. A quick google search for "Panasonic DMP-BDT110 region code" will put you on the right track.

Hope this helps.

Youth :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yes, it's easy to make a player multiregion for DVDs. However, making a player multizone for blu rays isn't easy & requires a hardware mod.

Villordsutch

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Excellent thank you.

B or Region Free is my choices (I can live with that).

I'll look at Blu-Ray hacks in the near future, but right now I'm off to buy Blu-Rays :D :type:

unfocused

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
amazon.co.uk will advertise titles as 'region free' as they will ship anywhere in the world. It's to encourage people outside region B to buy from them.

If you look at http://www.blu-ray.com/ it will let you know if titles are region locked. I've imported loads of blu-rays from the US. My Citizen Kane 70th anniversary set just arrived today.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts