Bleusound Pulse 2 or Sonos Play 5 (New 2015 Release) ??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
So I am no audiophile but going by the judgement of you experts here Getting a pair of these oppos will be better than a pulse 2 ? Just in pure output I guess pulse 2 would be more but then sound quality of this would be better. N btw I'm in US so I can order them now but there's no way I can test them out anywhere .. Aren't sold in any stores ....

None of us "experts" have heard the Oppo. On paper, it looks very good, able to stream high resolution audio codecs.

Personally I would prefer Sonos simply because I'm already on Sonos ecosystem since 2011. Yes it doesn't have bluetooth, but I'm happy with wi-fi. Due to its mesh network, audio doesn't drop out. I don't think you can have a bluetooth multiroom.

I've never heard Bluesound so can't comment.

jjbomber

Idris Baxamusa said:
So I am no audiophile but going by the judgement of you experts here Getting a pair of these oppos will be better than a pulse 2 ? Just in pure output I guess pulse 2 would be more but then sound quality of this would be better. N btw I'm in US so I can order them now but there's no way I can test them out anywhere .. Aren't sold in any stores ....

Lucky you. The Oppo isn't out in the UK, so we haven't heard it. However the Oppo brand is a fantastic stable. Not many horses but each one is a thoroughbred. I have the bdp-105D blu-ray player and it is stunning.

Moving forward, is it possible to get independent reviews of the Sonica from magazines or websites in the US? You could even ask Oppo if they have a returns option if you don't like it,

jjbomber said:
Idris Baxamusa said:
So I am no audiophile but going by the judgement of you experts here  Getting a pair of these oppos will be better than a pulse 2 ? Just in pure output I guess pulse 2 would be more but then sound quality of this would be better. N btw I'm in US so I can order them now but there's no way I can test them out anywhere .. Aren't sold in any stores ....

Lucky you. The Oppo isn't out in the UK, so we haven't heard it. However the Oppo brand is a fantastic stable. Not many horses but each one is a thoroughbred. I have the bdp-105D blu-ray player and it is stunning. 

Moving forward, is it possible to get independent reviews of the Sonica from magazines or websites in the US? You could even ask Oppo if they have a returns option if you don't like it,
Some reviews are already out. Check the "reviews" section on that Oppo page and click the links.

Perhaps this remark comes too late, but Bluesound is introducing a superior soundbar. It claims to be, in addition to their use in home theater setups, much better equiped for playing music, something which soundbars are generally not very good at.

It comes at a higher price than the sonos soundbar, but as I said could be much much better. Put your ears to the test I would say ;)

smileman

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
I don't think you can have a bluetooth multiroom.

The Harman Kardon Omni system offers Bluetooth multi room. However, while the speakers sound good and the hardware is overall high-quality the HK appsoftware is appalling in terms if reliability and features. Speakers can accommodate 24bit/96 but Tidal HiFi CD quality streaming is downgraded to 320/Kbps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts