BK run in time

rab9090

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I received a new BK XLS200 last week and haven't had much time to use it yet. I was just wondering if anyone knows around how long these take to run in? It's not sounding that impressive just yet!

Also, is the phase control important when the subwoofer is connected using the high level input? If the high level lead is connected to the speaker terminals then shouldn't everything be in phase? Or am I not quite understanding the phase control

Thanks in advance for any replies.

A

Anonymous

roym90 said:
I received a new BK XLS200 last week and haven't had much time to use it yet. I was just wondering if anyone knows around how long these take to run in? It's not sounding that impressive just yet!

Also, is the phase control important when the subwoofer is connected using the high level input? If the high level lead is connected to the speaker terminals then shouldn't everything be in phase? Or am I not quite understanding the phase control

My 400 took a day or 2 to sound its best.

The phase is important.

Usually it will be either 0 or 180.

Put some bass heav music on and sit in your listening position with the phase on 0

Now change the phase to 180.

In one position the bass will sound much louder. That's where it should be...

Saying that, I went through the whole 180 and found it best at 90

Also with positioning. Put the sub as near to where you sit as possible. Then play some bass heavy music. Walk around and sit/stand in positions where you could put the sub...The place where it sounds fullest is the best place to put it.

And the Gain...Don't turn it too high. It should be on just enough to fill in the missing detail, not so it goes THUMP THUMP THUMP. I have mine just under halfway.

Sliced Bread

snivilisationism said:
roym90 said:

My 400 took a day or 2 to sound its best.

The phase is important.

Usually it will be either 0 or 180.

Put some bass heav music on and sit in your listening position with the phase on 0

Now change the phase to 180.

In one position the bass will sound much louder. That's where it should be...

Saying that, I went through the whole 180 and found it best at 90

Also with positioning. Put the sub as near to where you sit as possible. Then play some bass heavy music. Walk around and sit/stand in positions where you could put the sub...The place where it sounds fullest is the best place to put it.

And the Gain...Don't turn it too high. It should be on just enough to fill in the missing detail, not so it goes THUMP THUMP THUMP. I have mine just under halfway.
+1
Especially relating to positioning. Even a great sub can sound insubstantial when placed incorrectly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts