BK Gemini MK2 OR Monitor Audio Radius R370HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone have any experiances with either of the above.

On paper the HD looks better, but people are going mad for the Gemini.

David has been kind enough to sell me a 370 for 250.00 same price as the BK.

What would you chose, I watch movies, and my listning area is about 15ft L and 15ftL

A

Anonymous

Or you could get a Monitor Audio Radius R360 for £149.90 from Peter Tyson.

A

Anonymous

Monitor Audio R720 is a very good subwoofer, i know as it was my last subwoofer before i upgraded mine, i can proudly say that it performs very well, superb build quality and is very stylish indeed. At £199.99, it is a steal, the reason for the price is that it is now discontinued but you cannot go wrong with it, a very nice buy.

At £200 as a budget on a subwoofer, it is hard to find a good sub and a brand new one at that, but the price for the Monitor Audio gets my thumbs up!

Regards> M

A

Anonymous

Hey

Changed the title as narrowed it down to 2.

the monitor audio is slimmer, so it can be hid away, and the BK is big, but a bit more expensive, and did not really want to go over top top budget of 200.00 as the walnut one I want to match everything else is more expensive again and would be about 250.00 delivered.

What do you think

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
hi canada,

Sorry to throw in a swing ball but you could always try Acoustic Energy's shop on fleabay, where they have a large selection of new subs (Evo's, Neo's and Aelite's) which are discontinued stock in a variety of finishes (incl. walnut!). They do have some at half price and I found them really nice people to deal with:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-Energy-Loudspeakers__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I have the full Neo 5.1 system and the sub coped admirably (and quite alarmingly the first time it happened) with all the warp speed jumps and explosions !

Good hunting !

Rob

A

Anonymous

Good prices, but I know the girls will jam their fingers in the sub, so have decided against a front fire.

Thanks guys, if you have spotted anymore deals, please let me know, as I am so broke.

A

Anonymous

Sorry just need to be sure as 250.00 is a lot for me, with a low paying job and 2 kids and a wife.. LOL

A

Anonymous

Sorry to bug, but need to phone dave tomorrow.

Has anyone got any experiance on these subs?

A

Anonymous

3rd bump.

Dont mean to be rude, Has no one heard the 370HD or does no one have the gemini 2?

The gemini has so many reviews, but the 370HD for some reason got 5 stars on the full set up of 5.1, but when what hi-fi put it on its own they gave 4 stars?

they are both the same price, Like I said, I am hoping for your expertise, as I am not an expert, and cant find one decent review of the 370HD.

Thanks again, only have until the morning.

A

Anonymous

Have a look st this, brand new for £100:

http://www.connectedacoustic.com/product.php?xProd=4&xSec=3

Got one for my son and it's really good , probably the best for the money.

A

Anonymous

Anyone from the what -hifi team?

Thanks for the above though.

A

Anonymous

Last shot before I spend a quarter of my wages.

Anyone, what better BK gemini or the R370HD.

Please can anyone help, dont want to make the wrong choice.

Never bought a sub before, let alone one for 250.00

Thanks

A

Anonymous

canada16:

Last shot before I spend a quarter of my wages.

Anyone, what better BK gemini or the R370HD.

Please can anyone help, dont want to make the wrong choice.

Never bought a sub before, let alone one for 250.00

Thanks

Only way to satisfy your concern is to arrange a side by side demo ,if you buy blind you will always have a niggle that you chose the wrong one, buyers regret ,suffered that many times doesn't matter which you pick you will always hanker after the other therefore demo both.

As you say you can't afford to get it wrong

A

Anonymous

I have opted for the R370HD, It got 4 stars at 500.00 and the gemini got 4 stars at 200.00, so will do the maths

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts