Binding Posts- Hifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Wondering if any1 can offer any help.

I've just moved into a new flat; and there are B&W speakers in the ceiling with 2 white wires coming out of the wall into a cupboard. Each white wire is split into two at the ends with the bare copper showing at the end. Now apologies for coming across so niaeve (but I am); i've established that these need to go onto "Binding Posts" on a hifi.

I'm wondering if any1 can recommend a hifi system where I can attach these speaker wires successfully, and the hifi has an AUX in/Ipod in [3.5m jack?] so that I can play by ipod through the hifi onto the ceiling speakers.

The hifi need therefore be just a 'middle man' as it were. I know this worked as the guy who was in the flat before has a very old hifi in which he had connected his ipod to (it even had a tape player so am sure theres lots out there). Its just when I went to PC world, all i could find were hifi's with VERY small wires and that all connected to the back of the hifi using 'banana plugs'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Stu

P.S.- in this magical cupboard of wires, there are deffinatley 2 speaker wires (with 4 bare ends); there could also be 3 speaker wires (with 6); wasn't sure if this was possible; but the wire is the same colour...?

John Duncan

Most amps have binding posts nowadays, but even if they didn't you can put banana plugs on the end of the bare wires for pennies.

21DPFVGRGAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Some amps have a 3.5mm input as well (all Cambridge amps for example, will try to find some more), but if not there are plenty of 3.5mm-to-RCA cables on eBay. Alternatively, you could get a dock and just use normal interconnects.

Not sure I understand your last sentence though - can you post a picture?

A

Anonymous

Hey John,

Thanks for your reply.

I had a browse online and those Cambridge ones looks pretty well reviewed and seem fairly cheap (good value). Re my last sentance- I think what I'll do is pop into a richer sounds 2moro and ask about them exactly.

Thanks for the tip with the banana plugs- wouldn't have had a clue what they do if you hadn't mentioned them.

Best,

Stu

A

Anonymous

Hey John,

Thanks for your reply.

I had a browse online and those Cambridge ones looks pretty well reviewed and seem fairly cheap (good value). Re my last sentance- I think what I'll do is pop into a richer sounds 2moro and ask about them exactly.

Thanks for the tip with the banana plugs- wouldn't have had a clue what they do if you hadn't mentioned them.

Best,

Stu

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts