Billie Eilish

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

I actually haven’t heard much of her, but you need to develop a thick skin for some of the hate here. Florence + The Machine got a lot of flak here but I adore her singing.
Toughen up it's only a forum. No haters here just a difference of opinions. Just don't mention London Grammar :)

Reactions: insider9
D

Deleted member 108165

( Readies the ban hammer. ) And why not good sir? :p
:D You sir a good guy. After all the hype on here about them I actually bought LG's first album... it just didn't do anything for me personally. As Insider says - horses for courses - nowt as queer as folk (colloquial English term).

D

Deleted member 188533

I never heard any hype about them. In fact I never heard of them at all until they showed up as recommended on my Tidal playlist a few years ago. I love both the first 2 albums and I'm patiently waiting on the 3rd album to drop in a few weeks. I love her voice and it just works for me combined with their sparse electronic sound.

It's a refreshing change from 'pop' music here in the US where we get some stripper or literal prostitute who's sleeping with producer x hooked up to an autotune machine and told it's music. Even the big acts have scantily clad backup dancers and stage productions to distract from the lack of talent and the fact that they're lip synching their way through live shows.

D

Deleted member 160668

I never heard any hype about them. In fact I never heard of them at all until they showed up as recommended on my Tidal playlist a few years ago. I love both the first 2 albums and I'm patiently waiting on the 3rd album to drop in a few weeks. I love her voice and it just works for me combined with their sparse electronic sound.
As am I Sir. I have first album, signed copy of second and a pre ordered signed copy of new one arriving on release day 👍
Also got to see them live on Truth is a beautiful thing tour. Now I've seen many many gigs in my life, none made the hairs on my neck stand up, like the instant she opened her mouth live. Utterly breathtaking and probably the best, most captivating gig I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member 160668

As am I Sir. I have first album, signed copy of second and a pre ordered signed copy arriving on release day 👍
Also got to see them live on Truth is a beautiful thing your. Now I've seen many many gigs in my life, none made the hairs on my neck stand up, like the instant she opened her mouth live. Utterly breathtaking and probably the best, most captivating gig I've ever seen.
But to disappoint you. Album release is now pushed back to April.

D

Deleted member 188533

Yeah I knew it had been pushed back. I'd love to see them live. Hopefully they do a US tour again at some point.

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site

It's a refreshing change from 'pop' music here in the US where we get some stripper or literal prostitute who's sleeping with producer x hooked up to an autotune machine and told it's music. Even the big acts have scantily clad backup dancers and stage productions to distract from the lack of talent and the fact that they're lip synching their way through live shows.
I first came across them on YouTube around the time of this 2013 performance:

Since then, every now and then they'll appear on my Subscriptions and I'll try to watch (at least a little) e.g.:

D

Deleted member 188533

That whole KEXP performance is great. KEXP has some other really good stuff as well. Other acts I mean. Haelos if you're familiar with them did a very good live performance on there. Sound quality is always amazing.

I love their covers. Especially this one.

View: https://youtu.be/fHB0O7y3eb0

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I had a fall 2 hours ago, injuring my left arm from bracing the impact. Pardon me from replying until a later time.
That whole KEXP performance is great. KEXP has some other really good stuff as well. Other acts I mean. Haelos if you're familiar with them did a very good live performance on there. Sound quality is always amazing.

I love their covers. Especially this one.

View: https://youtu.be/fHB0O7y3eb0

D

Deleted member 108165

Got to admire Sid with his provocative posts, he lights the blue touchpaper and then disappears waiting for the firework display... I'm sure he's seldom disappointed :)

Just a thought, I guess this thread should have really been in the Music Discussion section.

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
Got to admire Sid with his provocative posts, he lights the blue touchpaper and then disappears waiting for the firework display... I'm sure he's seldom disappointed :)

Just a thought, I guess this thread should have really been in the Music Discussion section.
Like I have said before, I am a conversation starter! :)

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
The insanity around BIllie Eilish is getting worse! A documentary about her was made! Really?! A documentary about an 18 year old. Just awful. She also wrote a book about herself.
Billie Eilish is the KEF LS50 of singers. She is way overrated!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts