Billie Eilish

D

Deleted member 188533

I liked the first stuff that was eventually turned into her first album. Can't say anything newer has caught my ear enough to listen to.

D

Deleted member 116933

What's the big deal with The Beatles? or any number of the legacy bands some hit the mark some dont

Reactions: NorthEastVinyl
D

Deleted member 116933

The biggest band in the history of the World by quite a large margin.

What does that have to do with it? Billie is also huge the size of the band has nothing to do with music quality. There plenty of artist out there making far better music.

D

Deleted member 188533

What's the big deal with The Beatles? or any number of the legacy bands some hit the mark some dont

I feel that way about the Rolling Stones. And KISS. People listen to this? For pleasure? I can't say The Beatles ever did it for me either but I at least understand the appeal and the experimentation that influenced newer music with them.

D

Deleted member 116933

I feel that way about the Rolling Stones. And KISS. People listen to this? For pleasure? I can't say The Beatles ever did it for me either but I at least understand the appeal and the experimentation that influenced newer music with them.

Oh yeah there was nothing like them before. To me the Beatles are a brand as much as band and the first time anything like had been put forward they where a juggernaut. And the first time we saw super fandom.

Don’t take what I’m saying as to mean I don’t see what they did for music. But I also see what Billie has done for the music industry. Weather people like her not the argument swings both ways.

I don’t particularly like rap either but there is no denying what the boys from Compton did.

D

Deleted member 108165

Strangely for a 63 year old I own no Beatles albums whatsoever, I also own no Billie Ellish music either but I know a supergroup when I see one and BE is not even close on the super anything rating. Christ these days you only have to release a couple of catchy tracks to be an instant raving success. Here today, gone tomorrow. Nothing special here folks, move along now.

D

Deleted member 108165

What does that have to do with it? Billie is also huge the size of the band has nothing to do with music quality. There plenty of artist out there making far better music.
See my comments above. Billie is huge? On what scale? Katy Perry was also "huge" a few years ago, don't hear of her now; same for so many manufactured artists, which appears to be the norm these days.

You need to put things into perspective, bands like the Beatles, Elvis, David Bowie, Prince, etc. were all streets ahead of today's manufactured artists.

It takes all sorts, your "better" music is probably my "worse" music, sometimes newer isn't necessarily better. Sorry but I think the Beatles do more for my lug 'oles than BE ever will.

D

Deleted member 116933

See my comments above. Billie is huge? On what scale? Katy Perry was also "huge" a few years ago, don't hear of her now; same for so many manufactured artists, which appears to be the norm these days.

You need to put things into perspective, bands like the Beatles, Elvis, David Bowie, Prince, etc. were all streets ahead of today's manufactured artists.

It takes all sorts, your "better" music is probably my "worse" music, sometimes newer isn't necessarily better. Sorry but I think the Beatles do more for my lug 'oles than BE ever will.

Why are you replying to me?

I haven't read your comments sorry they don't tally up with yours.

The Beatles were (so they say) a manufactured band so what's your point (Billie isn't by the way) sorry to burst your bubble a lot of the legacy artist where manufactured its nothing new. And you're saying you can listen to such greats as yellow submarine...come on! the Beatles are remembered mainly for one album.

As I said its a brand thing many know the names not the music

NO NO, My Perspective is on point I like what I like and you're trying to tell me what i like and why i should like them. Because of a legacy that you may remember or where apart of. What I'm trying to say is Billie is also paving the way for her audience and niche and yes I don't really like her music, but so what if i did! is that wrong? that's the problem with audiophiles there's more to the world then Miles Davis.

But i still see what's she (Billie) is doing. And that generation will remember her like you remember the Beatles and quite fondly I'm sure, not because of the music per say but because of the fun they had and how she resonates with them. How can you be so naive? you have no idea whats going to be remembered in 50 years and what bands are going to have the staying power manufactured or not. I don't hear the Beatles on Radio One's top ten! Oh no they must have disappeared.

I don't like the Beatles (shock horror) but i understand what they did for the music industry the good and the bad, I don't like Bowie, but understand what he did, Prince the same and so no. They're not streets ahead there not mythical they had there fair few duds, they sold well because they've had time to do so. Some of them 40-50-60years of content. Nostalgia sells and many times over its seems fools and their money are easily parted it seems, Abbey road must be on its 50th release in as many years. These guys have released some of the greatest songs in history no denying and i can see why (the difference between me and many) but those songs did nothing for my "lug ols" and ill happily admit that. I'm, not a sheep.

I could say Korn, slipknot, Marylin Mansion, System of a Down, Garbage none of that would probably ring home for some and probably don't listen to them, all they hear is noise, but all very important bands that paved the way in the niche areas of the market. Some of them even setting up new genres of music. just as the Beatles did.

The boys from Compton very influential, but you don't hear much from dre, ice T, snoop these days but some of the biggest artists of all time, DO you listen to there stuff? is it on Radio One?

One of the biggest bands in history The Prodigy huge legacy still selling and making new music some 35 years later, RIP Keith. Massive and very influential and still relevant are they well know because they're on the radio?

Massive Attack, Leftfield, dj shadow, faithless, massive following don't hear a jot on the radio (maybe faithless from time to time)

The legacy artists are rightly admired but to belittle an artist because you don't get them or don't like the way they sound is laughable.

Enjoy what you enjoy

Reactions: Tonestar1

insider9

Strangely for a 63 year old I own no Beatles albums whatsoever, I also own no Billie Ellish music either but I know a supergroup when I see one and BE is not even close on the super anything rating. Christ these days you only have to release a couple of catchy tracks to be an instant raving success. Here today, gone tomorrow. Nothing special here folks, move along now.
That's a good point. Nowadays its tracks and instant fame. Back then it was years slugging away and a few successful albums.

Must say I've listened to Billie Eilish a good few times to make my own mind up. If she manages to introduce Billie Holiday vibe into mainstream then I'm all for it. For a young artist she is she did incredibly well. The real test will come with the next couple of albums.

What I'm hoping for is more jazzy vocals and less "duh!" 😂 Production will undoubtedly be amazing.

Donald Trump has a cult following...

Is there a spelling mistake there? I'll move on rapidly...

The only observation I'll make of The Beatles (and I sit in a camp with few others on them - I understand the significance of some of their stuff, but dislike a lot and consider most of it over-rated) is that the better my system has got (and the better everything else has sounded), Ringo's drumming just sounds worse. Let it Be is a lovely song and lyric, but I can barely listen to it on my present system when the 'drumming' starts...

Reactions: Si O' the Times

TRENDING THREADS