Bi-wire

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you use two different gourge speaker cable for bi-wire. Like 16 or 14 gourge for treble and 10 or 12 for bass/mid. ? I can not see any harm in this but best to be shore and ask around right.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can quite safely use two different gauges of speaker wire. I would not bother with bi-wiring but would use the money saved to buy a better quality single speaker cable.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
There are no technical arguments I know of for bi-wiring and at least one technical argument against it. I have no idea where the idea started, but if anyone can give a reason for doing it, I would be very interested to hear it.

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Does everybody put what gear they use at the bottom of every message or does it just come up cos its in ya profiles. I dont no anything about computing lol even doing this what hifi stuff struggles me.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Not everyone puts their gear at the bottom - but it shows automatically if you set it up in your signature.

When you sign in, click on EDIT and then if you want - you can add your gear into the SIGNATURE box and then it will show each time you post.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
IMO biwire is unlikely to be useful. Some say, with some systems biamp.is good..My.experiments have not shown imrovement. Unless.yr system is very high spec.I would say single.wire with decent but standard cable. Moving speakers, listening position & room treatment is.far.more.profitable.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
My own experimentation with Bi-wiring on various pieces of kit, gave no improvement at all.

I'm inclined to believe it's just a load of Foo.

Bi-amping is another matter entirely. That's worth persuing with the right sort of kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts