Bi-Wire

tony0898

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello

Should i Bi-wire my fronts on a 5.1 setup. Will it make a difference in 5.1 or is it only in stereo playback?

Does Bi-wiring actually make a difference?

Tony

moomin

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I would say if your speakers are bi-wireable then yes i would do this,i have kef q5 fronts and q3 rears and q9c and listened to James Bond Quatum Of Solace Blu-Ray Dts Hd, title opening car chase and defo the sound has more definition to it bire-wired,Qed silver Anniversary cable,regards Andrew

A

Anonymous

Do you mean Bi-wire or Bi-amp?

Bi-wire meaning from 1 stereo output to 2 speaker inputs?

Bi-amp 2 stereo outputs to 2 speaker inputs.

The reason I ask is that if your AV amp is 7.1 ie an extra 2 rear channels, you are most likely able to bi-amp, ususally via an option on the amp which changes them from rear effects channels to front stereo, or similarly if you have a second stereo front output on the amp (usually front AB) this would also work nicely).

I would argue that Bi-wiring however, is a very subjective topic. I would argue that the extra copper pair of cables add more resistance (especially with 3M plus runs) to the signal and thus colour the sound and would prefer to run a single cable and use quality cable & terminators to link at the binding posts at the speaker end.

/me prepares for a flaming

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
tony0898:
Hello

Should i Bi-wire my fronts on a 5.1 setup. Will it make a difference in 5.1 or is it only in stereo playback?

Does Bi-wiring actually make a difference?

Tony

Its impossible to say for sure. What I can tell you is that not all bi-wirable speakers sound better biwired. In fact my personal opinion is most dont.

Bi-amping is better than bi-wiring, but again. Not all speakers will sound better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts