Bi-Wire vs Single Wire Speaker connections?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am in need of some advice. I have the option of using Chord Epic Supertwin to BiWire my speakers or having Chord Signature as a single run with Chord Signature links inbetween the speakers binding posts. In terms of cost the Chord Signature is just slightly more in total, but what are the benifits of firstly the cable over the Epic Supertwin. Also the benifits of Bi-wiring speakers?

Monitor Audio PL 300 Speakers with Musical Fidelity KW 750 Power amplifier.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

hannibal

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I changed my Chord Carnival bi-wire set up to single wire after speaking to Chord and I will never go back to bi-wiring. My Monitor Audio Silver RX-6's are a year old and have until now, always been bi-wired. I found the single wire has given my speakers a smoother and more 'coherent' sound. The bass sounds richer and overall they just sound more balanced. In the year that I have had these speakers this is the best they have ever sounded. Also, the next time I upgrade, (to Chord Odyssey) I can now spend half the money that I would have spent on a bi-wire connection.

T

the record spot

I went from biwire to single wire and if anything the resulting sound improved slightly. Overall, I could see no major benefit to biwiring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts