BI-WIRE home cinema setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
never bi-wired befor so excuse me for sounding stupid,i have KEF iQ5se fronts and a KEF iQ2c center which both can be bi-wired,if i bi-wire them to my ONKYO TX-SR806 amp will it make a noticeable difference when using for films and when playing music? whats the best budget cable i could use? is one end of the bi-wire speaker cable used for the speakers and the end used to plug in the amp? also if i do bi-wire my fronts and center will i still be able too have 7.1 surround sound? when i eventualy buy more speakers as at the mo its only a 5.1 setup

also can i just use 2 lots of the same speaker cable to bi-wire my speakers? any difference doing that to using dedicated bi-wire cable?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
swuk37:
never bi-wired befor so excuse me for sounding stupid,i have KEF iQ5se fronts and a KEF iQ2c center which both can be bi-wired,if i bi-wire them to my ONKYO TX-SR806 amp will it make a noticeable difference when using for films and when playing music? whats the best budget cable i could use? is one end of the bi-wire speaker cable used for the speakers and the end used to plug in the amp? also if i do bi-wire my fronts and center will i still be able too have 7.1 surround sound? when i eventualy buy more speakers as at the mo its only a 5.1 setup

also can i just use 2 lots of the same speaker cable to bi-wire my speakers? any difference doing that to using dedicated bi-wire cable?

Yes you can use two lots of the same speaker cable, that's how I've done it, I thought it made a lot of difference. It won't stop you from going to 7.1 later either (assuming the amp has 7 channels in the first place obviously), you're not using any additional channels on the amp (that's bi-amping).

A

Anonymous

cheers for that,just bi-wired them and they now sound even better!! just need to do the center when i get more cable

A

Anonymous

ty for that DAVO,very interesting and helpfull,i wasnt too bored lol

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
swuk37:cheers for that,just bi-wired them and they now sound even better!! just need to do the center when i get more cable

my turn for a stupid question, you did take the connectors out between the speaker's binding posts didn't you?

A

Anonymous

yes i did mate ty lol i kept the manual for the speakers which tells you to remove them!

A

Anonymous

another quick question,do u reccomend using banana plugs to connect to the speaker terminals on the amp? rather then just bare wires wrapped around the speaker terminals

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I used both as it happens, one set of cables plugged in with bananas, the other set bare wired to the terminal on the amp. Just gave you a bit more room than trying to wrap both sets of wire round the binding post (there isn't much room on the back of my amp... ).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts