Bi amping

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a daft question(s) but is it possible to, and is there any point in, bi amping with two integrated amps?
If yes to those, how do you connect the source to the two amps?
Thanks

Not conventionally.no....but if you know how to tinker,I'm sure it's possible.A integrated with pre outs can be used to bi-amp along with a power amp and can also be used as a pre amp along with a power amp preferably from the same stable.oh and bi-amping is not worth the outlay,better with a upgraded integrated amp or proper pre/power combo or a pre with some mono blocks,how many?depends on how many speaker drivers you want to drive with each block.oooooh it gets expensive.lol.

Mark Rose-Smith said:
Not conventionally.no....but if you know how to tinker,I'm sure it's possible.A integrated with pre outs can be used to bi-amp along with a power amp and can also be used as a pre amp along with a power amp preferably from the same stable.oh and bi-amping is not worth the outlay,better with a upgraded integrated amp or proper pre/power combo or a pre with some mono blocks,how many?depends on how many speaker drivers you want to drive with each block.oooooh it gets expensive.lol.

No, ....... and that's it really. ;-)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to do the power amplifier route myself to try bi-amping

i ordered a marantz 7025 2 channel power amplifier to try the bi-amping thing but I ended up with a faulty power amplifier so had to send it back but never got to find out for myself .

but I remember that most people on here said it's a wast of money and your better off buying a better amplifier which they were right .

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
"but I remember that most people on here said it's a wast of money and your better off buying a better amplifier which they were right."

And from my personal experience (Roksan intergrated and power) it is a complete waste of time, energy and money. I went active instead and achieved the desired results. Look at a proper upgrade as others have suggested (better intergrated) as I feel bi-amping in this wayl is akin to just another manufacturers led attempt to sell a snake oil remedy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts