Bi-amping or one powerful amp

A

Anonymous

quantum:
What is better, one high powered amp or two lower powered amps in a bi amp configuration? My budget is around 1000 pounds ($3000 aussie dollars)

One powerful amp. If you passive biamp you only end up with the same power as one amp.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Red Dwarf:quantum:
What is better, one high powered amp orÿtwo lower powered amps in a bi amp configuration? My budget is around 1000 pounds ($3000 aussie dollars)

One powerful amp. If you passive biamp you only end up with the same power as one amp.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
What is better, one high powered amp orÿtwo lower powered amps in a bi amp configuration? My budget is around 1000 pounds ($3000 aussie dollars)

Yet more detail and better music IMHOÿ

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site

What is better, one high powered amp or two lower powered amps in a bi amp configuration? My budget is around 1000 pounds ($3000 aussie dollars)

Same power yes, but twice the current which is just as important. I bi-amp and it provides a no-brainer incremental upgrade route for many people and it does bring serious improvements. Whether the money is better spent on a bi-amp configuration from the off, or on the best integrated you can buy is a very good question. In my opinion spend the £1k on an integrated and then buy a matching power amp to bi-amp as a future upgrade when funds permit!

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Dan Turner:

Same power yes, but twice the current which is just as important. I bi-amp and it provides a no-brainer incremental upgrade route for many people and it does bring serious improvements. Whether the money is better spent on a bi-amp configuration from the off, or on the best integrated you can buy is a very good question. In my opinion spend the £1k on an integrated and then buy a matching power amp to bi-amp as a future upgrade when funds permit!

Seconded. And planned. Two 909s.... mwahahahaha

A

Anonymous

Passive bi amping does make a difference, im just trying to decide if i want to put lots of money into one amp or buy two lesser amps and bi amp them. I think its a hard one to call. Passive bi amping can make a big difference to the sound, and many people swear buy it.

A

Anonymous

No issue with bi-amping, just think Plinius is better quality than what else might be available for the same money. It's the 9100 I'm talking about.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ive seen 2nd hand Musical Fidelity kw500 amps on ebay for around 1200 quid which is an integrated quad amp setup and sounds absolutely incredible

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts