Bi-amping and sub connections

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
At some point in the future I`m considering bi-amping by adding a Roksan K2 power amp to my existing K2 integrated.In my present set up (see sig) I have the sub connected to the amps binding posts via Neutrik cable so I was wondering how would the sub be connected in a bi-amp configuration? Which amp would it be connected to?

On a similar note,I`m using the Beresford DAC as a pre-amp and was also wondering if I could continue to do this in bi-amp mode?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Doesn't matter which amp you connect the sub to, and yes, you can continue to use the DAC as you are now.

I assume if you're using the DAC as a preamp you're using the bypass input on the Roksan, so it's functioning purely as a power amp, in which case you just connect the power amp to the Roksan integrated's preout sockets, and you're in business.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Doesn't matter which amp you connect the sub to, and yes, you can continue to use the DAC as you are now.

I assume if you're using the DAC as a preamp you're using the bypass input on the Roksan, so it's functioning purely as a power amp, in which case you just connect the power amp to the Roksan integrated's preout sockets, and you're in business.

You are correct in your assumptions Andrew,thanks for the answer,a lot simpler than I thought,had visions of having to connect the sub to both amps somehow.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I found that connecting the sub to the same amp that drives the mid/bass cone on your main speaker gave a more integrated sound (for bi-amping). That way, all the bass produced is affected with the attributes of the same interconnect.

Lee

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes id agree that connecting the sub to the amp that you have the Bass drivers connected to will work best.

Rel's whole theory on sub connection with the neutrik cable is to give the sub the exact same signal as the speakers. In your case the bass drivers of the speakers as this is what the sub will be integrating with.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
That is logical when you think about it,all this may be moot now as I`m possibly going to be offered a good deal on a pair of Spendor A6`s which are single wire/amp only

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

When connecting the integrated to the power I`m thinking it should be with the same type of interconnect,in my case another pair of Chameleons,would this be correct?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts