Beyerdynamic VS Grado

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been told that Beyerdynamic make good sound quality headphones? Can someone on here please confirm this for me please?

I have been advised to look at Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones and Grado SR60 & 80's? Which would you advise for best sound qualitys?

Someody please help im so confused!!

Thanks

peanutfrenzy

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nathplummer. I see your post is nearly two weeks old, but if you're still interested I'll try to help.

Put simply, yes both Grado and Beyerdynamic make excellent headphones. Which you'll prefer is really down to your own taste. I can't comment on the Beyer DT770 specifically, but I have a pair of DT990s and a (borrowed) pair of Grado SR80s and I couldn't place one over the other in absolute terms. The Beyers are slightly warmer, with a punchy bass response and make for an exciting listen. They're also a higher impedance (at 250 ohm), which makes them an easy load for my integrated amplifier's built-in headphone amp. The SR80s sound lighter and more agile, and seem rather more accurate than the Beyers; but my amplifier struggles with the low impedance and, as such, the sound tends towards shrill and unpleasant. Not the case with my iPod though, where the Grados really sing. I gather that if I had a decent, dedicated headphone amplifier then the Grados would win, but that's conjecture at this stage. I also find the Grados more comfortable for long listening sessions - the Beyers are a bit heavy and can make my ears sweaty!

matts

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
it's a bit of a tough one because Beyer's are better known for their deep bass, and (sometimes) piercing highs (not good). if you want a more rounded performer, go for the Sennheiser HD 25-1's. and don't get side tracked by the price, in thinkng they're a cheap alternative.....mine cost me £165 many moons ago. the HD25-1 are worth every penny.

if you want bass, go for the Beyers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts