BET TV / Freesat / Missing Channels

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Despite Andrew being entirely correct (see News Story) insofar as I am not an afro-american between the ages of 16 and 24 living in a US metro area, I actually don't have this BET HD channel.

I have BET, and BET+1 (on channels 140 and 141) but no 142; the next in line is 200 (BBC News24).

Is this due to my postcode (although you'd think N1 London would be right within the demographic) or something else.

As a separate exercise, I manually tuned my freesat box and got 300+ channels (including some bollywood channels, which the wife will like, and Sky News), rather than the standard 147 that a "Freesat Auto Tune" reveals. Unfortnately, they are oddly numbered (starting at 5001, with the first 10 channels being variants of Channel4), so (unless I can delete and reorder some), there's no point in having them like so. Bit of a digression there...so, to summarise:

1. does anyone else have BET HD on Channel 142;

2. does anyone else manually tune their freesat box and have a way to cut out all the rubbish and order the stations in a user-friendly way?

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I believe the BET HD channel is a temporary HD channel, being created for the purpose of showing the awards event. So I guess it will go active nearer the screening date.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
ahh, thanks Andrew.

Any Freesat experts have any idea if it's possible to manually add certain of the non Freesat auto tune channels to the standard package? Would be useful to add in Sky News etc, but still to keep beeb 1 at 101 etc.

Thanks

fizban_UK

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I have a Panasonic P42G10 with integrated Freesat and have used the "Other Sat" tuning method, then gone through and deleted the ones i didn't want/couldn't view, this numbers them starting @ 1. This effectively gives you all those SKY channels from the Astra satellite that are free-to-view (incl. so i'm told some late night "adult" themed channels - although i can't think what that means).

Yes there's a lot of channels to delete, incl. all the BBC/ITV & Channel 4 regional variations, but i've ended up with about 40 extra channels after my rigorous quality control incl. some of the Radio stations not available on the basic Freesat lineup and you still get the Programme info and now/next, although no Guide.

A

Anonymous

. does anyone else have BET HD on Channel 142

I have BET HD chanell 142 on my new pana v10.

daveh75

Big Aura:
ahh, thanks Andrew.

Any Freesat experts have any idea if it's possible to manually add certain of the non Freesat auto tune channels to the standard package? Would be useful to add in Sky News etc, but still to keep beeb 1 at 101 etc.

Thanks
No you cant add any of the FTA channels from non-freesat mode to the Freesat EPG.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
And not one to miss a trick, Sky has merrily pointed out that this channel isn't exclusive to Freesat as alluded to in the news. This from Sky:

For this weekend's broadcast of the BET Awards only, Black Entertainment Television HD will be available to add manually. Details coming up.

The details to manually add BET HD through the "Add Channels" option: 12.730V, Symbol Rate 27500, FEC 2/3. Until Saturday night only.

One other thing - the channel name is "Freesat HD F6U". Because it's supposed to be a Freesat exclusive. :)

The tech-savvy amongst you can probably guess where the above snippets (of a certain length) originated...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts