Best wireless speakers: wonderful wi-fi speakers for all budgets

ultraminiature

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
None of these do wifi direct thought, right?

What's up with wifi direct not being a thing on portable speakers?
B&O Emerge, Level and Balance all do wifi. You can switch off the BLuetooth and stream from a computer or NAS or cast over wi-fi.

Kef LS50 II and LSX II also have wifi and Ethernet connections. LSX II have HDMI up to 1.411Mbps PCM

smithilberry

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
B&O Emerge, Level and Balance all do wifi. You can switch off the BLuetooth and stream from a computer or NAS or cast over wi-fi.

Kef LS50 II and LSX II also have wifi and Ethernet connections. LSX II have HDMI up to 1.411Mbps PCM

I don't think you understood but maybe you did. In case you didn't, WiFi Direct doesn't use a router... You connect directly from device to device without router (similar to Bluetooth).

In other words, if I was in the middle of the woods with just the speaker and my phone, would I be able to connect to it and stream to it using WiFi?

Barrydb

Mar 27, 2023
Visit site
Looking to put a stereo pair of wireless speakers in my studio - how would you compare the Sonos Era 300's to a pair of AudioLab c10mkii's? And then to the KEF LSX II's? Only concerned with sound, not features.

Norm

Apr 4, 2023
Visit site
Looking to put a stereo pair of wireless speakers in my studio - how would you compare the Sonos Era 300's to a pair of AudioLab c10mkii's? And then to the KEF LSX II's? Only concerned with sound, not features.
Better get the AudioLab, for studio, don't bother with the rest, each speaker is made for a specific purpose, you won't have a one size fits all situation.

TRENDING THREADS