Best virtual systems - up to about 10,000£

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
A £10,000 Benchmark / active ATC 50 based system is a more expensive and larger variation of the same basic recipe used in a £1,300 AVI ADM 9 system. Digital files / CD's, active cross-over, solid state amplification, slimline ported speakers. I can understand why AVI owners feel that their systems get within 90% of the sound quality of such a £10,000 system.

If you like that recipe, that's fine. If you don't, you may well feel that a different recipe can get you more than 10% improvement for an additional £8700.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
lindsayt said:
A £10,000 Benchmark / active ATC 50 based system is a more expensive and larger variation of the same basic recipe used in a £1,300 AVI ADM 9 system. Digital files / CD's, active cross-over, solid state amplification, slimline ported speakers. I can understand why AVI owners feel that their systems get within 90% of the sound quality of such a £10,000 system.

If you like that recipe, that's fine. If you don't, you may well feel that a different recipe can get you more than 10% improvement for an additional £8700.

agreed!

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
ok, here is another one:

Synology 212J nas

Sonos connect

Bryston b60a

Sonus Faber Cremona M

002.jpg

main_zp9034.jpg
L_1.gif

sf-cremona-m_b.jpg

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
are you sure the Cremona M are not above budget with all the other suggestions ? I would replace the Cremona by the Sonus Faber Liuto which is half the price of the Cremona. And if there is some money left i would replace the Sonos with a streamer of Naim or Linn.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts