Best TV - Sony , Samsung or Panny

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello folks thought I'd throw this dilemma open to debate, so would appreciate any advice. I'm looking at the following - Samsung LE32B650 (£480 with 1yr warranty), Sony KDL32 W5500 (£580 with 3yr warranty) or Panny TX-L37S10 (£600 with 5yr Warranty).

The main use for the set will be to watch SD televison normally through Virgin cable box, but seriously thinking of changing to a HD Virgin box. I will also be watching standard DVD but again will eventually look to upgrade to blu-ray in the future. But generally I just want it to do the basics. I know the Samsung is a better set for connectivity but I don't need it for all that complicated stuff. I know the Panny is an older set but it ships with a 5 yr warranty and is slightly bigger. I just want a good picture with no blurring and am really not sure the best way to go.

Any advice would be great.

A

Anonymous

the samsung and sony are closely matched , both being very good , i think its fair to say that panasonics do plasma better than lcds , but £600 for 37inch isnt bad , if you would rather a 37inch tv then id check out panny plasmas of that size , i guess with the 3 year warranty the sony seems the best all round bet of the three youve mentioned for me ...

matthewpiano

The only way to decide is to spend some time looking at the picture/listening to the sound on each of the sets on your shortlist. The one that looks and sounds best to you is the one to go for. Reviews and forum postings can help you to establish a final shortlist but they are only opinions and your own judgement is much more important in this sort of decision.

If it was me, I'd be going for the Sony, but that is because I have first hand experience of what superb TVs they make on a daily basis.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replys so far. I have looked at all of the reviews of these TV's and these are my shortlist within my budget.

I was actually suprised to see the Sony W5500 for that price and also the Samsung B650 as this is a newer set plus the best value here. The reson for the Panny is that I had a old 100hz 36 inch CRT set that I had for 10 years and was as good as they day I bought it. To be honest of the reviews I would probaly rate in order the Samsung, Sony then Panny.

Another thing with the Panny though was the offer of a 5 year warranty. Are the sets made these days that poor quality that they breakdown ??? Are warranties worth having ??? As stated above the old Panasonic CRT I had never batted an eyelid in the 10 years I had it.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
A longer warranty will give you peace of mind, but today's TVs aren't any more likely to break down than their predecessors. I had a Panasonic CRT before my current flatscreen and the power supply went on it twice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts