Best TV ever made?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:
It looks pretty complicated. *smile*

Could open up a whole new career path.
True.

It is complicated but you dont have to learn everything all at once - just the basics of grey scale calibration initially then move on from there

You can get HCFR for free and patterns for free or spears and munsil blu ray for £20 for patterns - this is a great disc but not if the tv has brightness limiting - its no good on my tv.

That takes your knowledge up another level and its interesting and fun

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:

True.

It is complicated but you dont have to learn everything all at once - just the basics of grey scale calibration initially then move on from there

You can get HCFR for free and patterns for free or spears and munsil blu ray for £20 for patterns - this is a great disc but not if the tv has brightness limiting - its no good on my tv.

what about equipment, software etc; is there a basic kit you can buy to get going ellisdj?

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
I presume you have all heard that LG's production line has re-opened after the gas leak.
That's good news.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
simonlewis said:
I presume you have all heard that LG's production line has re-opened after the gas leak.

I know that we all love our televisions, but I just wish that there was more sympathy for the families of the two LG workers who DIED.
From who?

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Sympathy from whom? From us all (and I rebuke myself in this) instead of only apparently being pleased that the television production lines are rolling again.
Good point.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Series1boy said:
ellisdj said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:

True.

what about equipment, software etc; is there a basic kit you can buy to get going ellisdj?

HCFR is the software and hardware i1 display pro for about £150 then get learning and doing it

There is a dummies guide online which is complex at first and will go straight over your head - read it several times and try it out and it gets easier and makes sense.

Then I would advise buying Calman it makes the process much easier - I have no experience with other software so cannot comment on them

TRENDING THREADS