Best turnable under 500

leob7888

May 4, 2020
Visit site
hi everyone!

I'm planning to buy a turntable, my budget is 500 usd, any recommendations?
I've been doing my research and found that the Fluance RT85 it's a great option. The thing about this turntable is that it doesn't have an integrated preamp, only a phone connection.
I have a marantz SR5013 that in the back has an integrated special phono connection. Having this, do I need a turntable with integrated preamp or its not necessary?
Thanks !!

PilotAce

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
I had concluded the same - the Fluance RT85 is the best turntable you can find for about $500... the Ortofon 2M blue should be very nice and I would pick up a separate phone preamp later (Schiit Mani) for a great setup.

leob7888

May 4, 2020
Visit site
I had concluded the same - the Fluance RT85 is the best turntable you can find for about $500... the Ortofon 2M blue should be very nice and I would pick up a separate phone preamp later (Schiit Mani) for a great setup.

Hi PilotAce, thank for your reply!
If I add the Schiit Mani, how do I connect it to my receiver? By connecting the turntable to the Schiit and the the Schiit to the phono input in my receiver?
I'm asking this cause as other members said, my receiver already has a phono input and theoretically I dont need another preamp.
So I'm a bit confused!
This will improve the quality sound?

PilotAce

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi Leo,

You’d connect the turntable to a separate phone preamp, and them connect the preamp to the “Line In” or “Aux In” of your amplifier or receiver. Should be plenty of videos on YouTube for how to do this.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts