Best speakers under a grand.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I love the sound of my system at the moment, i spend many an hour listening to music at my pc desk, i recently bought a musical fidelity m1 dac, first impressions were not to good, compared to my old v-dac2/psu combo the m1 sounded bright with little bass, i seriously thought about throwing in the towel and selling the m1, i left my system running for a week and each day the sound improved, the slight brightness has gone, bass is fantastic, detail is there, i cant see how it can get any better? the only upgrade i would consider is a speaker change, what speaker would work well with my gear for near field listening and be a step up from my rx1's?

Jamie.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Jamie, these would be my suggestions:

- PMC DB1i (not far outside budget)
- Kef R300
- Proac Studio 115 (also just outside budget)
- Spendor S3/5R2
- ATC SCM 11

Only you can decide which works best with the M1 and for near field listening.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the suggestions, my dealer stocks proac and monitor audio so ill try and get a demo, i like the look of the leema speakers too, if i do decide to buy a nice new pair speakers they would have to be special as my rx1's sound really good.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
ATC SCM7 are, IMO and IME the best speakers under £1k you can buy new, especially if its for near-field listening. Other than that, the S3/5R2's would be the choice if the ATC Presentation is not your thing.

If you have a little room behind the speakers, then you can pick up some ProAc Tablettes (Ref 8) for well under £1k now as they are an olde model, I saw a pair of Reference 8's go for £399, second hand from a dealer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts