Best speakers to partner Marantz cd63 mkii ki sig and musical fidelity x-a1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

My first post!

I have the above mentioned cd player and amp and I'm looking to replace my old Kef C75 speakers. Unfortunately one of the tweeters is past it's best and I suspect the crossover may also be on its way out and I can't find replacement parts anywhere!

I'm after something with an exciting listen with deep punchy bass, good sound staging and not too bright. Must be able to do distorted guitar without sounding too harsh! I'm no audiophile, just love the excitement and pleasure of listening to my favourite music.

The music I like incudes Muse, The Shins, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Prodigy, Spiritualised, Ride, XTC, Pixies, Band of Horses etc etc etc, you get the picture.

I'm looking to buy second hand with a budget of around £250. I'll consider bookshelf or floorstanders. My listening is around 10 foot by 15 foot with thin walls so they need to perform well at lower volumes as well as the occasional power session when my neighbours are out!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the reply. I'll see if I can find a pair locally for an audition.

I've also been looking at some Cura CA5's and CA10's second hand. Does anyone know anything about these? There seems to be very little about them on the net. Would they suit my requirements?

I think the 5's might be a bit small and lacking in bass, they only go down to 75 HZ, any thoughts on the 10's?

A

Anonymous

audio by blue diamond.
It is a Swedish-produced speakers with amazing sound quality at a cheap price.
since they have 10 "active sub m adjustment opportunities in each speaker so they will fit almost every need. you should take a look at them

http://audiopro.com/products/image-blue-diamond-v3

A

Anonymous

Thanks mosagha but they're WAY out of my price range.

Anyone got any comments onthe Cura 10's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts