Best speakers for Arcam Solo Music

ASL0205

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Now that Arcam have reduced the price of the Solo music by £300 I'm very tempted to purchase it and was just wondering what speakers anyone would recommend for it. My music taste is varied with only classical,opera and pop not appearing on my playlists! Not sure if standmounted or floor speakers would be the best option so all input and suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance

ASL0205 said:
Now that Arcam have reduced the price of the Solo music by £300 I'm very tempted to purchase it and was just wondering what speakers anyone would recommend for it. My music taste is varied with only classical,opera and pop not appearing on my playlists! Not sure if standmounted or floor speakers would be the best option so all input and suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance
The choice between stand or floor is more a matter of space, both total area for listening in, and how much the speakers will intrude into your room. For a given sum of money, floor standers will typically be louder (more efficient), project more bass, and present a larger stage. But stand mounted speakers will be more detailed, precise, and holographic.

Very much generalisations but you really need to hear as many as you can, preferably from the dealer you buy your Solo from, who may well throw in some cables.

Have no idea what you listen to, given what you exclude. Maybe folk and avantgarde?

seemorebtts said:
I just saw tannoy xtf6 for £500 at Vickers hifi.thats alot of speakers for the money.should be great with the Arcam

They should indeed. It is unfortunate that once again we have an OP that thinks the pairing of speakers to an amp is more important than whether or not they are suitable for his listening room.

Unfortunately he gives us very limited information on room size so would have to wait for him to come back before I can suggest this pairing.

ASL0205

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
seemorebtts said:
I just saw tannoy xtf6 for £500 at Vickers hifi.thats alot of speakers for the money.should be great with the Arcam

They should indeed. It is unfortunate that once again we have an OP that thinks the pairing of speakers to an amp is more important than whether or not they are suitable for his listening room.

Unfortunately he gives us very limited information on room size so would have to wait for him to come back before I can suggest this pairing.

Friendly bunch on here .....

FYI my room is 14ft x 13ft

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
ASL0205 said:
Al ears said:
seemorebtts said:

I think you'll find that the more info you give, the more good help you would get. Many here will give you important tips rather than sales tips, maybe putting you right and ensuring you don't waste your money. The line before your room size might warn some off though.....

muljao said:
ASL0205 said:
Al ears said:
seemorebtts said:

I think you'll find that the more info you give, the more good help you would get. Many here will give you important tips rather than sales tips, maybe putting you right and ensuring you don't waste your money. The line before your room size might warn some off though.....

I wasn't trying to be unfriendly, perhaps my post could have been worded a bit better. It is curious though the number of new posters that ask this question and perhaps the loss of the forum search facility doesn't help here. Had I anticipated this reaction I wouldn't have bothered posting.

To the OP I should just like to reiterate that whilst the amplifier does in some way effect choice of speakers it is more important to work out which speaker is likely to function better within your listening room. Size and shape of this is therefore important and this information was not given.

For what it's worth your room may be a little small for the Tannoys mentioned.

Have a jolly nice day and wish you success in your endeavours.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
muljao said:
ASL0205 said:
Al ears said:
seemorebtts said:

I wasn't trying to be unfriendly, perhaps my post could have been worded a bit better. It is curious though the number of new posters that ask this question and perhaps the loss of the forum search facility doesn't help here. Had I anticipated this reaction I wouldn't have bothered posting.

To the OP I should just like to reiterate that whilst the amplifier does in some way effect choice of speakers it is more important to work out which speaker is likely to function better within your listening room. Size and shape of this is therefore important and this information was not given.

For what it's worth your room may be a little small for the Tannoys mentioned.

Have a jolly nice day and wish you success in your endeavours.
Your right. I just saw the tannoys for sale and thought what a good deal.got a bit excited.if you have a small room with big floor Stander's then you could be in alot of trouble.

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
In a room that size, perhaps think about how much space the hifi and speakers will take up. Sometimes less is more.... The Arcam Solo Music is a good choice for limiting the number of boxes and wires without compromising too much on quality. Some Neat Iota Alpha's or Dali Menuets could be just what you're looking for. You could get a great deal by buying the speakers at the same time as the Arcam.

Don't just rely on advertised packages. Sometimes the combination that you want isn't yet shown. Ask the shop what deal they can do for you if you bought them together.

www.creative-audio.co.uk have some great deals so it might be worth approaching them if you wanted a package.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts