Best speaker out of this 3

El Puerco Volante

Jul 31, 2024
Visit site
Hello,

I'm building a second home HIFI system (for a bedroom). It's around 80 square meters.

I'm choosing between 3 speakers (from cheapest to most expensive):

1) Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F
2) Focal Aria 948
3) GoldenEar Triton Two+

The Paradigm is the cheapest, with Focal being 3x and GoldenEar x4 more expensive.

I don't listen at high volume, but I listen a lot and like the best quality.

What would be your pick ? The speakers will be driven by Technics SU-G700

Thanks !

El Puerco Volante

Jul 31, 2024
Visit site
Well, good action needs space! ;)
Seriously, no suggestion at all ? I'm leaning towards Tritons, as the reviews are very good. Can't really get any of those to my bedroom to listen in advance, so I'm trying to take a half - educated guess

Reactions: Juzzie Wuzzie

Fandango Andy

Hello,

I'm building a second home HIFI system (for a bedroom). It's around 80 square meters.

2) Focal Aria 948
3) GoldenEar Triton Two+

The Paradigm is the cheapest, with Focal being 3x and GoldenEar x4 more expensive.

Thanks !
All good speakers, it all down to what you like. Is there an opatunity to borrow and audition?

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Not really. So I need to make a decision and just get a pair! Tempted by Tritons, but do they really worth 4x cost of the Paradigm 6000?
Highly unlikely; it's more likely that they're similarly nice to/for most listeners. I'd likely be able to distinguish which I preferred, though it may require repeated listening.

I prefer "bookshelf" speakers, and I've never owned any speakers from any of these manufacturers. But, given my experience and biases, among these, I'd go for the nice 1/3- to 1/4-priced Paradigms, in part because I'd be risking less money and guessing on a company that I'm personally more familiar with, and one that has been producing nice speakers for decades.

Even without auditioning, as possible, I would want to assess, be satisfied with the build quality, finish, look of my/any selection.

Enjoy your building and shopping.

ijohn

Jan 17, 2024
Visit site
Hello,

2) Focal Aria 948
3) GoldenEar Triton Two+

Thanks !
The Paradigms are available from Crutchfield and the new Focals from Amazon. Both allow returns. So start with the cheapest and see how they perform. Or get both and compare.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts