Best Speaker for Musical Fidelity X-A2

SharpEars

Sep 4, 2021
Visit site
I have a Musical Fidelity X-A2 and Marantz CD6000 OSE KI-Signature CD Player, and want to upgrade my speakers. My living room is 15ft x 12ft and I live in a flat, so bookshelf/standmount speakers would probably be the most sensible.

I've been told that the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 would be a good match, but these have been discontinued in the shops and so I'm wary about buying second hand in case I wouldn't be able to get spare parts for it.

I have a limited budget of under £450, and therefore would consider second hand ones.

Favourite music - Clasical, Vocals, Progressive Rock/Instrumental.

I would be grateful for any advice you can give me.

Last edited:

SharpEars

Sep 4, 2021
Visit site
You buy speakers that will suit your room, you don't mention anything about this. .
Try to audition as many speakers as you can would be my suggestion
I've amended my post to show where I would be using the speakers.

On your second point about auditioning speakers, I was thinking about second hand ones which would no longer be available in shops.

I hope this clarifies my query.

Reactions: Al ears

abacus

Sound is very personal, so no one but you can decide which sounds best for you however, do you like the general sound of the speakers you already own, as if so look to go for something from their latest ranges.

Regarding the Bronze 2, while things have improved with newer models, the general characteristics should be similar (Just more refined) so no harm in having a listen to the latest models to use as a guide, (You don’t say what speakers you have, but you may find that new speakers within your budget could give you a real uplift in sound) with the same applying to other manufactures.

Have fun choosing

Bill

TRENDING THREADS