Best sounding DAB radio?

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Disregarding other features; what is the best sounding DAB radio you have heard?

I have a small Sony DAB (it also has FM and line-in) but it doesn't produce the greatest sound, nor is it particularly powerful.

Just interested to know whether others here have been super impressed by any specific make/model of radio, anything that stands out and sets itself apart from the rest.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
I have a Ruark R2 MkIII which is excellent. In all truth I tend to use Internet Radio rather than DAB but the DAB stream is fine. I have also used Pure DAB radios and been pretty happy with them.

WhatTheTech

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
I highly recommend the Ruark R4 MKIII i use one in my Kitchen. Sometimes i will connect my Ruark to my Marantz PM8005 amp & KEF speakers. It's a great all in one box, very versatile, i'm sure the Ruark R2 MKIII would be a better option, due to the size and price. Excellent sound and a beautiful design

We have a Pure Evoke 2xt, a name that sounds like an unaffordable Range Rover, which surprises me with its power and clarity. It is stereo and probably no longer current.

The much smaller Pure often recommended in WHF is weedy by comparison and needs almost full volume for speech.

John Lewis stores have dozens on display and connected, so is worth a trip. I believe Currys may do the same.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
We have one of those Roberts vintage looking leather clad ones. I think it sounds pretty decent. I have it on when I'm working from home as my office is the other end of the house from my Hi-Fi room...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts