best record cleaner thats not too expensive

Try reposting as this often happens where the first post in a thread disappears.

Define 'not too expensive'.

Cheap forms range from an microfibre cloth the the Knosti Antistat liquid cleaner and then on to more sophisticated 'wet' cleaners in the 500-1000 pounds mark.

It would obviously depend on the size of your collections and just how 'dirty' the LPs are.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I use a knosti with my own home made fluid

400 ml distilled water

100 ml isopropyl alcohol

a few drops of dishwasher rinse aid

i get good results generally, sometimes records get quieter with a second clean

benson411

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Once you've made these solutions can you bottle and keep them? If so for how long?

Also, when cleaning is it generous amount of the solution on a micro fibre cloth and clean with the grooves. New to this and I have very old LP's!

I just bought Clear Groove...was this a mistake?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

benson411 said:
Once you've made these solutions can you bottle and keep them? If so for how long?

Also, when cleaning is it generous amount of the solution on a micro fibre cloth and clean with the grooves. New to this and I have very old LP's!

Thanks

Yes you can bottle the solutions, or just make up what you need.

Haven't used the Clear Groove

I use this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knosti-Static-Record-Cleaning-Machine/dp/B00793YMKK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375898987&sr=8-2&keywords=knosti+disco-antistat

There are better RCM out there but they cost££££ this is very good VFM, just don't use there solution.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

benson411 said:

Thanks

That solution is for use with a Knosti Disco Anti-Stat cleaning device. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knosti-Static-Record-Cleaning-Machine/dp/B00793YMKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375899172&sr=8-1&keywords=knosti

I mixed some up around a year ago, and have kept it bottled without any problem, just using now and again when I buy a few new records.

Don't know Clear Groove, , but the Knosti is the best you'll get for less than £50.

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My everyday record cleaner (before each play) is the carbon fibre brush (the one with two rows of bristles and soft material inbetween to collect the dust) priced at around £7. It used to be called the Hunt EDA (had one of those decades ago - before my toddler decided to clean some toys with it!) and the design hasn't altered at all. Great for getting out dust, removes static and the soft material part can also be used to gently clean the stylus.

Can't say I use anything else, although once or twice with s/h purchases with a few too many greasy finger prints on them I'll use some warm water and fairy liquid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts